Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Orange Chicken for the crock pot!

I'm looking a while now for a good and easy Orange Chicken recipe. I think this one is not bad. Better than the last one I tried! :D

Ingredients:

- chicken breast (3-4), chopped into small chunks
- olive oil

- flour-cornstarch-mix (50:50)
- 2 egg white
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt

- 6 oz. orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce

Mix the egg white together with the sugar and salt. Put the chicken chunks in the egg white mix and cover them after with the flour-cornstarch-mix. Pour a small amount of olive oil in a skillet and brown the covered chicken.It doesn't need to be fully cooked since it's going in the crock pot. 

Mix the orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and ketchup in a bowl. After the chicken is done cooking, pour the pieces into the crock pot. Then cover the chicken with your sauce mixture and give the pot a stir.

Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3.

While cooking I added more orange juice. That gives a stronger taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment